This project aims to re-create Wipeout and Wipeout XL/2097, based on the incredible reverse-engineering work done by Dominic Szablewski.
The Wipeout video game series [has been / is] the property of [Psygnosis / Studio Liverpool / Sony Computer Entertainment / whoever]. This website does not host any bit of material from medias the original
game series has been delivered on. We therefore, require the end-user
of the WXX-Rebirth game project to provide original game media,
which hopefully he/she acquired through legal means (we did).
- complete rewrite of ship physics (still no collisions though)
- robust section tracking
- accurate graphics : new shader that uses vertex colors and add draws shadows
- new camera
- lots of bug fixes, refactoring, simplification, optimizations
a picture being worth a thousand words, here's a video :)
- emulated air moments (speed is clamped), long air jumps are much better
- added a short recovery moment after colliding, more realistic and helps wall stickiness
- spotted a few issues to fix in the next update
- implemented rolling and pitching, should be a bit stronger and still misses a proper camera
- all ships implemented and more tuning
- overall feeling has improved, differences between teams is perceptible now
- some of the track pitfalls in the original game can now be experienced !
here is a run with 2 teams, AG Systems and Qirex :)
- implemented ship metrics from manual, Qirex feel tank-ish, we're mostly there !
- lowered scale to 1/1000th resulting in improved gravity
- adjusted ship height but regression introduced
- lots of simulation parameters tweaked, we're getting closer !
- some texturing issues fixed but not all ...
- internal cosmetics